Supportive meal cards
Quick way of providing food for your employees.
A simple and easy alternative to supportive meal vouchers, canteens or catering.
Supportive meal cards are a solution for employees obliged to prepare free supportive meals to their employees working in particularly difficult conditions. With prepaid Edenred Cards, employers will enable their employees to eat meals at catering establishments or prepare them on their own. This is a perfect way for organisations that are incapable of issuing meals for organisational reasons or that wish to replace their existing system with a better one.
Why do companies choose cards for supportive meals?
Learn about the benefits
Easy administration and distribution. There is no need to involve extra personnel to manage food cards or implement dedicated systems, unlike with food vouchers.
The employees pay for the meals as intended. The card acceptance scope is customised in accordance with the regulations on the subsidising of supportive meals.
You provide your staff with the most convenient and flexible of subsidising meals during working hours.
Employees like supportive meal cards
- They can eat a hot meal during work and choose various meals depending on their preferences and diet, which contributes to their long-term health and performance.
- The money will be spent as intended – the card is accepted at catering establishments in Poland, including, in particular: restaurants, bakeries, confectioneries, canteens, fast food restaurants, pizza parlours, online catering, “Pan Kanapka” catering company, in the Internet and using Google Pay™ and Apple Pay mobile applications.
- The funds do not disappear if the prepaid card is lost – employees can block the meal card and receive a replacement card.
Why does it worth to choose Edenred?
The biggest brands have trusted us
Discover other products and benefits
Subsidising of meals for employees with savings on social insurance contributions
Give your employees the perfect gift not only on the holidays
A novel travel benefit or subsidising of holidays
Gift cards for children instead of parcels
Sport and culture benefit for the employees and their families
Proste rozliczanie wydatków służbowych i delegacji
Motivation and loyalty in business and sales boost
Supportive meal card – FAQ
The supportive meal card enables unrestricted choice of the type, frequency and place of the employees’ meals. The acceptance scope is customised to categories of catering establishments that meet the criteria for the subsidising of supportive meals, such as restaurants, bakeries, confectioneries, canteens, fast food restaurants, pizza parlours, online catering or “Pan Kanapka” catering company.
The cards are issued in the Mastercard® system, and their acceptance scope is unlimited. The card can be used to pay at any point with a payment terminal that accepts payment cards. However, in the case of special-purpose benefits, such as the subsidising of supportive meals – the acceptance scope is narrowed down to catering establishments that sell a meal or the products required to prepare one. The remaining categories functioning in the payment system are locked, which means that the transaction will not be authorised in the system and will be rejected.
The normal expiry date of meal cards is 3 years. The prepaid card is provided to the employee once, and it is topped-up by the employer during successive months. This saves a lot of our Client’s time.
An employee who loses a card should report this immediately by calling the Customer Service Department of Edenred or using the MyEdenred free mobile application. The employee will soon receive a replacement card, and any funds remaining on the card that was lost will be transferred to the new card. The replacement card will be sent by mail to the indicated address of the user.
Type of the intended user and function of the card.
- Lunch cards are used for voluntary subsidising of meals for the personnel. They are provided in order to motivate the employees and increase their commitment during day-to-day duties and in order to make the company more attractive than other employers.
- Supportive meal cards are used to fulfil the duty of the employer, who, in accordance with the Labour Code, has to provide a readymade meal or products required to prepare one to all employees who work under particularly difficult conditions (Article 232 of the Labour Code Act of 26/6/1974).
Card acceptance scope
- The lunch card can be used by the employee only to pay for a readymade meal at catering establishments in Poland.
- The supportive meal card can also be used by the employee to purchase groceries in a store and use them to prepare a meal. This is an alternative solution in the situation where, for organisational reasons, the employer cannot issue a readymade meal to the employee.